The following is the venue's COSTUME & WEAPONS
POLICY from the MoPOP. We do not set or control these policies.
No functional weapons are allowed at MoPOP.
Simulated or costume weapons are subject to inspection and approval by security prior to entry and must be in compliance with the following:
- All costume weapons must be inspected at the security station located at the event’s entrance
- All costume weapons must conform to state and federal law
- Projectile costume weapons must be rendered inoperable
- Shoes are required at all times
- Costumes need to fit through a single doorway (less than 85.5”tall x 35” wide)
- No helium balloons
- Costumes cannot include: pyrotechnics, fire, smoke, steam, fog, etc.
Subject to MoPOP building policies
- Costume swords must be tied to the worn costume in such a way that they cannot be drawn
- Costume weapons will be tagged after inspection by security.
- Any individual found in the building without a tagged costume weapon will be escorted to the security station where their weapon will be inspected
- Individuals not willing to have their costume weapon(s) inspected or
tagged, or are not willing to comply with the above, should not bring
a costume weapon onto MoPOP Museum premises.
- Please remove face masks prior to entering gallery spaces
- Photo identification will be required for guests with non-removable face paint, prosthetics or masks